Help: Monthly & Yearly Budget not returning December values

I’m using Tiller Foundation Template for Excel. (I’m a former Mint customer who has converted to Tiller.) Everything is working really well. I find it all very helpful. AND …

For some reason, December 2024 is not returning any values on the Monthly and Yearly Budget worksheets. The values for December 2024 exist on the Categories spreadsheet. I’m truly at a loss. I have not seen the same problem reported when I searched. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Vali

Can you check that a type is assigned to those categories? If there isn’t a Type assigned to all categories the Monthly Budget & Yearly Budget will not function properly.

Also, you won’t have any actual data for Dec 2024 since it’s in the future still, so it makes sense if you’re seeing $0s. Is the sheet completely blank, throwing errors, or showing zeroes?

This template is part of our core product so if you’d like to send us some screenshots directly for us to dive in you can reach out to our support team via the chat window in the lower right corner of the Console at https://my.tillerhq.com/

Hi Morgan, Thanks for your response. Sorry for the delay in taking the next step.

All categories have a type. The Monthly Budget spreadsheet is working, returning budget values and actuals for January and the beginning of February, for all other months in 2024 except December.

That’s what’s so odd. I see another person had problems with their entire 2024 not populating. Only my December seems broken.

I just checked the chat and didn’t see a way to send screen shots via chat. I see your development team is working on repairing the Excel template. I hope that will be ready soon.

Thanks! Vali

You should be able to restore the template with the add-in now. Here are the steps:

1. Open the Excel Add-in
  2. Choose Tools near the top of the add-in
  3. Choose Manage Templates
  4. Click “Restore” next to the template you need to restore
  5. Choose Archive or Overwrite

Thanks, Morgan. I appreciate the help and its wonderful to have the restore tools. Unfortunately, it didn’t solve the problem. Ultimately though, I figured out that somehow when I added 2024 the Categories tab the table had not extended to include the December column. I have fixed that now and all seems well! Thank you for your persistence.

1 Like