Holiday gift planner - specify year?

Hello!

I’m starting to use the Holiday Gift Planner add-on for Christmas this year, but it is populating data from LAST Christmas. How do I specify a time range so it doesn’t pick up transactions from last year?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Hi @MattD ,
I don’t think the sheet takes the year into account.

As I quick fix, could you add the year as part of this year’s or last year’s tags / Recipient? I haven’t fully tested that idea, but it might be worth a try.

Let us know,
Jon

1 Like

It’s all based on use of Tags, right? Maybe just clear the tags column from last year to start fresh for this year?

1 Like

True, deleting the tags will clear it. I’ve just always been a big believer in not deleting historical data. :slight_smile:
I can manage for this year, but I guess this counts as a proposal for a new feature, with which to specify a date range for a Christmas gift planner worksheet.

Thanks!
Matt

1 Like

Hi @MattD ,
We have updated the Holiday Gift Planner as you suggested so it can filter transactions by a custom date range or include all transactions.

Use the Tiller Community Solutions add-on to update to Version 1.03.

While it seemed like it would be a simple update, it was much more complex due to the way the formulas worked and the original layout of the sheet.

Give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

I agree with you on not deleting historical data.

Jon

1 Like

Wow! That’s great, Jon, thanks! I will definitely update and check it out this weekend!

1 Like