How to remove previously imported line items and all re-import - Import CSV Line Items workflow

I have a question about the Import CSV Line Items workflow from Tiller Money Labs. How can I remove previously imported line items and re-import? When I deleted them from the transactions sheet, it tells me “No new purchases in uploaded Amazon CSV file.” despite this deletion; but I need to reimport them.

Any luck figuring this out already? If not, perhaps @randy has an idea.

@heather No I haven’t been successful, and help is much appreciated!

If you go to your Transactions sheet, @jmj8778, and filter on the Metadata column for cells starting this text:

{"amazon":

What do you see?

Randy

I’d love to re-open this thread. I imported the Amazon CSV, then decided I wanted to come back later and I selected undo. Now when I try and re-import Amazon purchases, only new purchases (since my errant undo) show up. Is there a way to get Tiller to recognize the older purchases?

My guess is that the undo operation didn’t remove the imported transactions. The workflow compares new transactions from the CSV to existing transactions in the Transactions sheet using the Amazon order ID. This information is stored in the Metadata column.

I’d try filtering on “amazon” in the Metadata column. If there is anything you don’t want, go ahead and delete it and reimport it.

Thank you Randy. I’m not sure how I lost those transactions in there, but quickly found them with filtering as you suggested. I’m all set.

1 Like