I’m having a minor problem with the transaction dates that are populated on my transaction tab from the money feed addon.
Ive set the page locale to my region (Australia) but it hasnt made a difference.
When I update my transactions page the dates in column B show up formatted as mm/dd/yy (06/23/20) and not as dd/mm/yy (23/06/20).
I have to manually change the date for each transaction so the transaction will show up in my monthly budget dashboard. While this isnt a big issue from day to day with regular updates, if I havent updated my budget for a week it can get time consuming.
Ive tried formatting the column as well with no luck.
Am I missing something?
By default, your transactions will import with a month/day/year format. Since our templates are built with US formatting in mind, that format is required to keep the template working properly.
You can check out a discussion involving a potential workaround on the link below. Perhaps this can help.
Fellow Aussie here, nothing works, i have tried everything the ole google suggested and all it did was break the sheets.
You can always create a column and set the date in that to Australia and just do a = formula from the current date column to the new one and just hide the old one. Pretty simple, only thing you will have to do is unhide the old one to change the date of a transaction if needed. Good luck
Sorry about the date issue. As @warren said, unfortunately, many of our templates and workflows are built around US-formatted dates and currencies. This is an artifact of our focus on the US market. We will need to fix these limitations as we shift focus to international markets.
As @SpinFX007 suggests, I think you may be able to resolve many issues by mirroring the
Date column into a new column with Aussie-friendly formatting. Essentially, the new column would make the sheet more friendly to humans (living down under) but the Tiller-standard
Date column would. be formatted such that the workflows (particularly the Tiller Community Solutions Add-on) could still make sense of things.
- Add a new column next to the
Date column in your
- In the header row, insert this formula:
- Apply a formatter to the column to make it Aussie-friendly.
- Hide the Tiller
Date column. (optional)
Note that you may confuse your spreadsheet & workflows if you call the new date column
Date. Many of the sheets look for reserved-word headers to find and crunch data. You can use anything other than a reserved column name (like “Date”).
Hope this helps.
I’m Australian too and I’ve worked on solving this issue too.
It’s a work in progress, but I’ve found a way to use Australian dates in the Transactions sheet and still get the benefits of all the other sheets that rely on the American dates column for their formulae.
I’ve tried to explain how I did it here.