Having a difficult time with getting Savings Budget to work. As I understand it, there are several things that have to work… The Foundation Sheet (Mine is working), the Savings Goals (not working), and a new column in my Categories sheet (there is one more, but I can’t recall what it is).
Everything seemed to be going well. The new column for “Tracking” was inserted into my Categories sheet and the Savings Goals sheet was working. Viewing the installation instructions on youtube, I plugged in “Savings” in the Tracking column for ALL of my categories… as was shown in the Youtube video. Still… all seemed to be working.
Then, I figured I didn’t really need to track those categories that were not going to be savings categories, so I went into my categories sheet and eliminated all of the “Savings” enteries for those categories I did not want to track. That’s where things went wrong. Where zeros were showing for all the categories in my Savings Budget previously, now there were none – even for the categories I wanted to track. The Savings Goals page now had little red indicators in the upper right hand corns of the catetories cells (indicating they weren’t seeing anything). Nothing was hooked up now.
So I went back to my categories sheet and happened to see that the title at the top of the tracking column was missing.
I tried restoring the Savings Goals page. Managed to do that, but it wiped out all of my entries (only 5). When I tried to type in a new line for a category to track, I was told that (basically) the dell was not seeing anything.
Again, my Savings Budget sheet seems to be okay.
Help. I’m out of tricks. And I don’t want to restore my Categories page because I really don’t want to loose all those category entries.