Net Worth Tracker (Excel) shows $0.00

Hello,

I’m new to the Tiller. I recently added the Net Worth Tracker (Excel) to my foundational worksheet. After following the instructions to link the worksheet to my foundational workbook, the Net Worth Tracker sheet showed all of my accounts (assets & liabilities) but the value was $0 for all the accounts. I understand that there would be no data for prior months but I did expect values for the current month. The Balances worksheet shows all the values correctly.

In the Net Worth Tracker sheet, I unhid rows N thru AR. All my accounts show and the last account balance (column AD) shows accurate values but there are no other values in these cells.

There was a similar post related to the Google Sheets version and the issue seemed to be columns added in the Accounts sheet. I have not added columns to any sheet other than the Transactions sheet so this doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Can you confirm what dates/months/years are selected at the top of the Net Worth sheet in your workbook?

Hello Heather,
Here is the information you requested:
cell A12: “This Year”
Cells B12:M12: Jan 2024 thru Dec 2024.

Are you sure there are Balance History (worksheet may need to be unhidden) entries for those accounts within that timeframe (Jan 2024 thru Dec 2024), @BL1996? Can you peek at the hidden area to the right of the Accounts sheet and see if the balances are populating for these accounts?

Hello Randy,
I unhid the “Balance History” worksheet. Since I started my Tiller account in March, the history only goes back to 3/9/2024 but, yes, there are values in the “Balances” column (column H) for all accounts. The balances are almost daily for all accounts. That said, the “Account St” (column M) is empty for everything. Not sure if this is an issue or not.

I think there is a very good chance you (accidentally) replaced the header in Column M from Account ID to Account St. The formulas rely on the headers to find data, so this could explain why the Net Worth is not pulling in data properly. Can you try restoring the Column M header to its original value? Let me know if this works.

“Account ID” is column E and “Account Status” is column M (and empty for all rows except the header). I did try to change it to “Account ID” but Excel automatically renamed it to “Account ID2” since one already existed. There was no change to the “Net Worth” sheet so I changed it back to “Account Status”.

Ok. Sounds like your column order is different and your Account ID column is populated and valid. Are there other columns that are not showing as populated in the Accounts sheet?

“Account Status” is the only column in the “Balance History” worksheet that isn’t populated.
The “Accounts” worksheet is fully populated with the exception of the “Hide” column.

Sounds promising. What happens when you unhide columns O+ to the right of the data table?
Does that section look fully populated?

Randy

In the “Balance History” worksheet, the columns including O and higher are unhidden but they are empty and not part of the table.
On the “Net Worth” worksheet, columns O thru AQ are unhidden and have some data but not sure if it’s complete since I’m not sure what should be included.

It’s expected that the columns to the right in the Balance History sheet should be empty.

On the Net Worth hidden area, most columns should be filled. Here is a screenshot of a working sheet with placeholder data.

Hope this helps.

The columns on the net worth were never filled, even when I first downloaded it. Please see attached.

The account names have been blacked out.

What about the stuff in P:AE? Did that fill ok?

Yes, P:AE filled fine. That said, there are some blanks in columns V thru Y but I’m not sure if they should be blank or not. See graphic.

The look ups in P:S are ok?

There should be some blanks in V, W and Y.

P:S are the Insights Template Configuration with S being an empty column. They appear OK.

Should there be formulas / data starting in row 7 through the end of the account list (blacked out are) for columns AF:AQ?