One: 30 Days of Financial Wins Kick Off

My lofty goal: save 10,000 by June 2021 (we have plans to build a garage and I don't want to borrow a large sum of )…

More practical, daily goals:

1. Create and maintain an overall budget.
  2. Set aside 167/mo for college funds ($2000/yr)
  3. Create a safety net for larger bills (taxes, oil to heat the home, Christmas gifts) so December is not a painful, expensive month.
5 Likes

In retirement the single largest factor under my control is spending. Therefore, I need to understand historical and current spending against my financial plan. For 2021 this will require me to adjust categories and tags in Tiller so that reports align with how the plan was structured. The plan structure is fixed so I need to ensure that my reports align.

The financial plan is my guide for retirement success. Given the unprecedented events in 2020 I am going the re-baseline my plan in January 2021 using 3-years of historical data from Tiller.

5 Likes

I’d recommend starting a separate topic over here Spreadsheet Templates > Get Help and let us know specifically which solution you’re referring to. I’m not aware of one that’s specifically called “Spending Tracker”

1 Like

Our top goal for 2021 is to complete our retirement planning and cut the cord before year’s end!

5 Likes

My goal is to learn to use Tiller good enough to have it feed into Ms. Hanna’s Planning Bundle. Once that is accomplished then I hope to create a retirement plan to last me well into my 90s.

1 Like

My goals are to consolidate my accounts (travel hacking means I have too many!) and commit to regular money check ins with my husband.

1 Like

Can you share a link to the bundle? Google wasn’t very helpful.

2 Likes

Rachel, one of my side goals is consolidating accounts as well. Especially to help make budget check-ins be less like a 3rd job :laughing:

2 Likes

My #1 Goal for the year is to open college savings accounts for my kids! I don’t want them to be in the same boat as me with student loan debt when they graduate.

2 Likes

These are great @amraroyse! Sticking to a budget helped me a long time ago to stop living check to check as much as possible. And I’ve never thought of making a goal to stay within a certain % of my budgeted cash flow. I think I’m going to steal that one! :grinning:

2 Likes

My #1 financial goal for 2021 is to align my spending with my values since we use our dollars to vote! For example: supporting local businesses vs. amazon and big box stores, buying organic food vs. conventionally grown food, buying used vs. new, etc.

Since Tiller makes it easy to track all of my transactions and spending, I am excited to see how I can make a difference in the world one dollar at a time.

Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Kudos to you for increasing giving! I believe that the universe repays our generosity! Wishing you all the best in 2021!

2 Likes

Yaaaaasssss!! I am sooo into using my money to support my values! Best to you in 2021!

3 Likes

I’m breaking up with Amazon as well! Too easy to get off track.

2 Likes
1 Like

Top goal for 2021 - set up an automatic savings withdrawal each month from checking and then DON’T transfer it back to pay bills!
Another smaller goal - find those pesky “leaks” and try to rein them in. My family consumes too much Starbucks, for instance!

3 Likes

My big financial goal is to be consistent with tracking my income and being more aware and reflective of my discretionary spending vs. my essential spending. I know that tracking my expenses is going to be key to anything else I need to do (eliminating $55,000 in consumer debt is my main thing). I know that I will succeed this time.

3 Likes

I’m with you on this one. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one. I’ve had trouble in the past trying out different systems. I think Tiller will work as long as I’m consistent with it.

2 Likes

Top three goals:

1. Re-finance our mortgage
  2. Eliminate credit card debt
  3. Increase our home’s emergency fund.
3 Likes