"Pending" bank transaction blocking cleared transactions from flowing

Greetings Tiller Community,

Quick question, this might be my bank protocol, but when I have a “Pending” transaction in my bank online account, Tiller will not feed cleared transactions. My bank has taken a more agreesive approach with Pending tags, and it can be a 3-4 day process to clear. It seems to prevent Tiller & YSL Feeds to my spreadsheet.

Just curious if this happens with other banking institutions??

Thanks!

In my experience, yes, pending transactions will not import until they are cleared by the bank, but once they do clear Tiller has no problem importing them. One or more pending transactions won’t hold up the import of other transactions or balances.

1 Like

Thanks Curtis,

Yes I agree, pending transaction will not import.

What I have found is that the pending transaction prevents any other cleared transactions from downloading from my Bank to Tiller.

I can feed Tiller from other accounts, but the feed is locked on my Bank account (due to the Pending transaction).

I know my bank has taken more of an aggressive approach on pending transactions. Something seems different…………

Thanks Curtis for your time!!

1 Like

If you do not believe your cleared transactions are all coming through, I recommend opening a case with the Customer Success team, @hall.thomas.e.

Longer story… Some day, we hope to offer responsive workflows around pending transactions. Yodlee provides APIs to manage pending transactions. We have experimented publishing these transactions to a standalone sheet in the past but that feature has been deprecated. Someday, we’d like to publish them into the Transactions sheet— flagged as pending— and then clear the flag once the transaction has cleared. (At this time, the feeds service does not change records in your Transactions sheet in any way once they have been added.)

2 Likes

Thanks Randy,

I will contact the Customer Success team!

Thank you!

Tom Hall

I am having a different issue with pending transactions, the pending is listing and the completed is then listing when it is cleared resulting in duplicate transactions. I currently have a pending deposit showing up three days before it will be deposited.

I was a happy user with Mint till they got in to a big mess.
Then I tried Personal capital and few others.
I find Tiller to be the smallest mess.

I am labeling it as a mess because easier customer experiences opportunities remain ignored.

Pending transaction is one of them.
Personal capital too is based on Yodlee and they can show.

It is mentioned here that it is deprecated. What would be the logic behind removing the.feature?

Second opportunity for Tiller is allowing refresh of ALL accounts with a key stroke. Even better would be allowing to set up automatic refresh time.

1 Like

Welcome @bigspringsubway and @gkstepbless :wave:

Some great feedback and ideas here!

There was a prototype of “pending” data but it was disabled when we upgraded all our “legacy” customers to the newer bank feeds. We did not build the pending capability yet. You’re right it is available from Yodlee, but we don’t utilize it yet. We hope to one day, but no commitments on the timeline.

@gkstepbless I’d recommend reaching out to our support team via the chat window in the lower right corner of the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login

Thanks for taking note. If there is a feature in free app, a paid app is expected to do better or at least match.

There is one more thing. Check numbers come as XX-1234, only last 4. Based on experience with Personal Capital which is based on Yodlee too, it is possible to get full check number.
have a reconciliation code that uses full check no. to match. This trimmed check no. has sent that to tizzy.