Sheets not updating automatically and not receiving daily email transactions

When I first signed up for Tiller about a year ago, everything used to work great. Sheets with autofill and Id see daily transactions in my email. However, now I have to log into tiller sheets and ‘Fill sheets’ almost everytime. Therefore, as you can imagine I dont see the morning emails with the latest transactions. It is becoming time consuming to keep doing this everytime i check the sheet. Is there anything that can be done so I dont have to keep hitting ‘fill sheets’ everytime.

Hi @SunnyPolaris, there were some service interruptions that started likely late last week / over the weekend and I think the daily email was affected.

Can you let me know if you didn’t get a daily email today?

As for the manual "fill sheets’ back in October we made some changes, as part of our promise to continually review and tighten our security, that require you to stay active or you’ll be automatically signed out of Tiller’s service via the add-on. When you sign out of the add-on either voluntarily or automatically, your AutoFill gets toggled off. To stay active launch the Tiller Money Feeds add-on at least once every 14 days from the Extensions menu at the top of your Google Sheet.

You can toggle the Auto Fill back on under the Settings section in the Tiller Money Feeds add-on, but once again, you’ll need to make sure you launch the add-on at least once every 14 days to stay active and prevent it from getting toggled off.

So in order to keep Auto Fill working, you need to launch the add-on at least once every 14 days.

Thank you, that was very helpful as I did not know about that autofill toggle. With regards to the email, I should have been more clear as in that I am receiving the emails, but I am not seeing the latest transactions part in the email, which would make sense since the sheets werent autoupdating.

I have also noticed this issue where the sheets dont update despite the accounts all being connected in the accounts section of Tiller. For example, last transaction on my sheet is from 1/13. Hitting fill sheets, says no new transactions. Am I doing anything wrong ?

I’ve had the same issues, auto-fil does not seem to fix it for me.
I assume it could be issues with my regional bank not working well with tiller.

@pjbanman

This is the basic workflow you should be using to get your data in the sheet.

First, refresh your accounts…

1. Log in to the Tiller Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/login
  2. Scroll down to “Account Summary”
  3. Click the “Refresh” button next to an institution to open the refresh page. If you see “Error” instead of “Refresh” click “Connection > Edit credentials” to refresh your account.
  4. Follow the prompts to re-authenticate your account. In some cases, this may require you to re-enter credentials and/or enter security answers or codes.
  5. Wait for the refresh process to complete. If you get an error, please send us a screenshot.

Next, fill your sheet…

1. Open your Google Sheet
  2. Go to Add-ons > Tiller Money Feeds > Launch (or Open Sidebar).
  3. Then in the sidebar click Fill Sheets

@SunnyPolaris, the issue you were experiencing was likely due to a recent service interruption.