Sort Assets by type?

I am wondering if there is a way to group assets by “type”. for example, I have some assets that are liquid investments (like stocks) or cash, and then other assets that are less liquid (e.g. my home). Of course its helpful to see aggregated net worth, but Id also like to be able to see my liquid net worth (liquid assets - short term liabilities like CC balances) separated from my longer term illiquid investments.

Any suggestions on how to do this? thanks!!!

Hi @atstern:

Welcome to Tiller!

Many ways to approach this idea. Here is how I do it:

I have two sources of assets in my template: those from the accounts I have linked which update on each refresh, and the manual accounts I update myself on a periodic basis.

It is in the Accounts sheet where you may find one solution. It is in assigning each of these to a group of your choosing. I have several groups that then aggregate my accounts accordingly on the Balances sheet. You could create your asset types there as groups and see them according to the types you design. Each of these groups will report their own subtotal.

Hope that helps. Others here may have ideas, too.
Best.

3 Likes

awesome - this worked perfectly . thanks so much!

I see people mentioning the Accounts sheet in a lot of these community posts, but I cannot find it. I’ve looked through both the Tiller Money Feeds and Tiller Community Solutions but can’t figure out how to locate or add such. Any tips?

Okay someone said the Accounts sheet (tab) might be hidden and sure enough. Click the stacked-lines icon to the left of sheets list and unhide it.