Technology challenged senior need help with Amazon solution

I am trying to use the Community solution for Amazon. Thank you to all the participants that made it possible!

I have followed the instructions (see the end of the message).

I now have a sheet called “Retail.OrderHistory.1.csv sheet”. I am 68 years old and used to Excel but use the less familiar Google Sheets because more updated functions! :slight_smile:

So In Google Sheets: How do I connect the Retail.OrderHistory.1.csv sheet with my main template.

I would appreciate a simple step-by-step answer.

I could attach screenshots of what I have. I don’t see any easy way to attach anything here :frowning:

Download a comma-separated-values (CSV) file then use this add-on to import the line items into your Transactions sheet.

Thanks!!!

Pierre

Instructions for supported sources:

Amazon Purchases

1. Log into your Amazon account
  2. Visit Amazon’s Request My Data portal and select “Your Orders” then Submit Request
  3. Wait for Amazon to notify you that the data is ready for download (this can take a few days)
  4. Upload the file named Retail.OrderHistory.1.csv below

When you open the Import CSV Line Items workflow in the Tiller Community Solutions sidebar, you should see an “Upload CSV File” button at bottom. When you click this, a window should open asking you to find the CSV file in your file system. This step should start the import process.

Note that you do not need to import the CSV into your spreadsheet (it is referenced as an external file). You can delete the copy you added to your spreadsheet.

Thank you! Very much, Randy!

I am making progress! But as I said, I am technology challenged :frowning:

I did the instructions at the end of the message:

But then it did overwrite my template!! Ouch! So I went to Google Sheets history to retrieve my template!

They were questions after I started the download; maybe I did not answer them correctly!

I have about 60 Amazon transactions (May to July) that I need to add .

You wrote: Note that you do not need to import the CSV into your spreadsheet (it is referenced as an external file).

I do not understand this! Do I need to cut and paste?

Thank you again for all your help!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Pierre
pierre@nc.rr.com

When you open the Import CSV Line Items workflow in the Tiller Community Solutions sidebar, you should see an “Upload CSV File” button at bottom. When you click this, a window should open asking you to find the CSV file in your file system. This step should start the import process.

I’m sorry to hear this still isn’t working for you @pwstamps. And I’m a little concerned that you “overwrote” your spreadsheet. That shouldn’t happen. Worst case should be that you import some duplicate transactions into the Transactions sheet. (Can you tell me which part of the spreadsheet was “overwritten” and how?)

Back to your main question about how to start the import process. I made you a short video here. You can see that I just click on the Upload CSV File button then navigate to the CSV on my laptop.

Hope this helps.