Way to have Google Sheet updated automatically

I have created a dashboard in Excel (of multiple life departments)… Is there a way to have the google sheets data updated automatically without opening the file?

As in I would have everything compute and make my “Money” dashboard and then have IMPORTRANGE function in another sheets that has all my important life department highlights emailed to me on a daily basis.

To fully automate this I need the numbers to update without me manually opening or clicking anything in the Tiller GSheet.

Welcome, @garrettmarkscott :wave:

Have you checked out the Auto Fill feature in Google Sheets?

Yes, I have it enabled but nothing came in from Saturday or Sunday. Is there anything else I need to do? I will continue my subscription if I can figure out how to fix this as this is exactly what I need!
-Garrett

Hi @garrettmarkscott - Auto Fill can fill in whatever is available in our database at the time it happens. It’s a “scheduled” fill meaning it only automatically fills once per day usually between 2-6AM if there isn’t new data to fill at that time then it won’t fill anything. So if your refreshes aren’t happening until 9AM then the next day’s Auto Fill would fill them in if you haven’t already manually filled them in. Does that make sense?

I’m rather unsure why I never turned this on before! :thinking:

2 Likes

It was kind of a little known secret :wink:

1 Like

Seems to be working well and have turned my subscription back on. Thank you!

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re up and running, @garrettmarkscott!