When I 'Update Sheets' Category doesn't have pulldown

Hi all - I’m new to Tiller and I’m liking it so far. I did a search on this and didn’t find an answer. When I update sheets with the add-on it adds the rows to my spreadsheet. But under ‘category’ (which I’ve never changed the name or added a column for this) those transactions don’t have the little pulldown arrow to grab the categories from the category tab.

I have been copying a useable cell (with the pulldown) from somewhere else and pasting it into the cells to get the pulldown but I don’t know if this is the normal intended workflow from Tiller or if it is supposed to have the pulldown when it imports.

@SimpleChaos,

That is definitely unexpected behavior, but it could be a simple fix. The feed adds transactions to the very bottom and then sorts them to the top so it’s adopting the formatting of the last row. If that last row is missing the data validation (dropdown menu) on the Category column then the entries will be missing it when sorting it to the top.

You can reset the data validation by using these steps

1. Select the first cell in the Category column (row 2)
  2. Open the Data menu
  3. Choose Data Validation
  4. Set the cell range to Transactions!D2:D so it will include the entirety of column D (category column)
  5. Click “Save”

It didn’t have the ‘:D’ on the cell range. Thanks!