Accounts Not Showing in Debt Planner Dropdowns

I am currently setting up my debt planning sheet. I had some accounts that were there originally in the drop down and now are not. I went to restore/update the sheet and the accounts still aren’t showing up. They are in my console and connected to the sheet. They show up everywhere but on this spreadsheet. What do I do? It is throwing the sheet and my planning off.

Hi @delaney,

Sorry for the late reply here.

Do these accounts show up on your Balances sheet without issue?

It could be that the feed is not brining in the correct class (asset/liability) and you’ll need to override it using the Accounts sheet. More on that here:

I just helped another user with a similar issue. Have a look at this thread, @delaney.

Another issue we identified is that the dropdowns in column A populate from a query range in O8:O. If you have a ton of accounts in the hidden area in O8:O, it is possible that the available accounts in the dropdown will clip. You can fix this by selecting A8:A and updating the data validation range.

Hope this helps.

Hello Heather,

The accounts show up in the Balance Sheet and in the Debt Progress Sheet. Just not in the new Debt Planner Sheet.

Hi randy,

I am not familiar. How do I change the accounts in hidden area for column A? These accounts show up on other sheets, including the previous Debt Progress sheet.

Two notes, @Delaney

1. We are still making improvements to the Debt Planner sheet. I just published an update last week. Please start by using the Tiller Money Labs add-on to update to the latest version.
  2. Regarding the accounts list, the dropdowns are driven by some formulas in the hidden area of the sheet to the right of column M. You can show these columns by toggling the little left-pointing arrow in the cell M header.

I recommend you unhide this area, review O8:O and see if your accounts are listed. If they aren’t, the formula in O7 is not playing well with the data in your sheet. Have a peek here and let me know what you see.

Randy

Hi Randy,

They are not showing up there as well. What do I need to do?

Did all of the column lookups populate like this, @delaney?

And are the Class in the Accounts sheet (probably hidden area) set to “Liability”?

Yes the sheet looks like this:

Yes the account from what I can see are set up as liabilities.

And the table below in "Debt Planner"!O8:O is empty, @delaney?
The accounts you’re looking for are definitely listed as “Liability” in Accounts!O2:O?

Can you paste the formula in "Debt Planner"!O7 into this thread?

This is the debt planner

This is the accounts sheet, where I added accounts and made them liabilities:

image.png

I do not have another accounts tab.

That all looks great, @Delaney. With the accounts populating in O8:O, you should seem them in the A8:A dropdown. Is that not working for you? Those dropdown are empty?!

If you unhide the columns to the right of the Group column in Accounts you can confirm that the accounts you want to see are set with the “Liability” class.

Hi Randy,

My issue is that all of the accounts are not available to choose from the drop down. Example in the debt progress these show:

In Debt Planning these are the only one available:

How do I get all of the accounts to show on the Debt Planner sheet?

@delaney, it looks like you have quite a few accounts, it might be that the sheet doesn’t support the amount you have connected out of the box. Do you still need help with this or have you figured it out?

If not @randy, do you have a sense for how many accounts the Debt Planner supports?

Are you sure you’re using the latest version of the Debt Planner template, @Delaney? I might have extended the lookup to accommodate more accounts in the past month or so. Use the Tiller Money Labs add-on to check the version of your template and update as needed.

I just checked and the latest version should allow you to look up from several hundred accounts, though only 25 can be monitored in the template. To see the full list of available accounts, you may have to unhide the rows at bottom AND the columns at right.