Balance History Feeds Issue

Please refer to the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mORKApSznSXZwOMy9JNFt3JLA14dYZ1t

This is a few rows on my balance history tab. I have cleaned up the tab recently (went from 30,000 to 2,000 rows). Now I am up to 13,000 rows. I have cleaned up the duplicates and multiples days with the same balance. When I do this, it often created feeds issues. After clean up, the feeds brings everything back in that I deleted.

Question - How do I keep a cleaned up balance history tab after I clean it up?

Thanks,

Blake

Have you tried the Tool in Labs? Tiller Labs/Utilities/Trim - Trim Balance History -
Remove redundant balances to improve performance

I have not BUT I was poking around yesterday and saw it - sounds like something to try for you anyway. Good luck.

@susandennis ,

I have not used it for various reasons. I do the clean up manually. I trust myself more than the tool. The issue is that the feeds bring back everything I clean up.

Blake

1 Like

@heather , Any ideas? Blake

Hi @Blake,

I suspect that the duplicates are making it into your sheet because of the Tiller Money Feeds add-on crashing when trying to update balances, if you’re doing multiple updates in a row, it doesn’t know where it left off so it just tries to bring them all in again. Does that sound right? i.e. you have had issues with getting ALL balances so you do the update process multiple times to try and bring everything in?

We are actively working on this bug…

The Utilities add-on is really just for Feed Bot users at this point, I will update the content there to reflect that. There is a Trim option in the Tiller Labs add-on that I think will trim out the duplicates in Balance History under the Tools > Utilities menu.

Heather

@heather What is the ETA on the fix? This has been going on quite some time now. Blake

@Heather

1. Balance History now at 20,000 rows, a 7,000 increase in one week. The system is going crazy.
  2. ETA on fix?
  3. Please advise as to what I should do now. Sheet has slowed down a lot recently. I need a workaround now. I will not wait any longer for a fix. It has been way too long. I am not the only user that is frustrated.
  4. Please advise.

Thanks,

Blake

02-09-20 update: 22,000 rows and counting.
02-09-20 update: Talk about duplicates. I have many of these. But I also notice triplicates, five of the same, and even six of the same.

@heather

I need a reply here please.

Blake

Hi @Blake,

Are you using a workflow where you’re needing to update the balances in batches in the Tiller Money Feeds add-on?

I.e. you choose a few accounts, click update sheets and wait for those to update, then uncheck those, choose a few more and then update those?

If so, the system doesn’t understand where one left off and the other started.

If you don’t mind, can you please reach out to me directly via support (you can email support@tillerhq.com) and ask them to pass to “needs input” and reference this topic URL.

I don’t have access to all the information I need in this system to fully triage your issue and ALL data feed issues are intended to be handled via our official support channels, not here in the community.

Thanks,

Heather

I’m having this same issue for multiple accounts. Bank of America, Discover, Best Buy(Citi Group) credit cards are particularly notorious about duplicating ALL balance histories almost everyday.

I had over 10 accounts synchronizing at one and didn’t do anything manual with them to get them to sync, they were all on auto sync. As part of a solution suggested by @heather I took that number down to just 4. I haven’t got the duplicate issue sense, but now 2 of the 4 accounts balance history’s won’t update. The transactions do for all of them, but not the balance history.

I’ve started a new sheet and not had a problem until I add manual accounts. I’m adding the manual accounts using Tillers recommendations on how to do so. Could the problem be related to that?

Thanks @nwest88, I just reached out via our email thread to triage this one on one.

1 Like