Is there a way to customize the account names? It seems like the default is something like: Bank, Account Type, Account Name, Account number (example: “Vanguard - Investments And Retirements - xxCustomerName - Roth Ira Brokerage Account - Xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx (xxxx)”). If you have multiple accounts at the same bank then this is alot of text to have to expand the column to read which account is on the line. I made some vlookups with my own shorter naming convention as a workaround on one sheet, but wanted to see if others have a better way to address this.
I did this to a bunch of my accounts by going to the console page (https://sheets.tillerhq.com/) and opening up Account Summary and then clicking on the pencils beside the names I wanted to change. I did it a few weeks ago and the name changes all ‘stuck’ through everywhere I needed them to. Might be worth a try.
The name change is prospective only. Go into the applicable sheet/s and change the old name to the new name for prior entries.
As @susandennis suggested, start by changing them on the Console. This change will be reflected in future feeds data, but will not modify data already in your sheet— e.g. in Transactions or Balance History. If you care/need to update the older data in your spreadsheet you can use find & replace in Google Sheets.
I’m working on migrating an updated version of the
Repair Balance History workflow from the soon-to-be-deprecated Tiller Utilities add-on into the Tiller Labs add-on. That should be published in the next week and will also help true up old balance entries.
Good luck, @CHILL.
Thanks everyone, this is what I was hoping to achieve.
In the world of software development, " deprecated " refers to functions or elements that are in the process of being replaced by newer ones. The term comes from the word “deprecate,” which means to disapprove of something. … In HTML, elements such as tags and attributes may be deprecated from one version to the next.
I couldn’t help myself. I love Tiller.
Whew. I nearly messed that up, but finally got the renaming fixed. I don’t ever want to do that again without some automated help.
I did, but it didn’t change the names for me oddly. So I did global changes. Fudged a few but figured it out.