Debt Payoff Planner Template (Google Sheets) - Balance categories with the same name

In the Balances tabs under Liabilities I have two transactions listed as
CREDIT CARD (xxxx1234)
Credit Card (xxxx5678)

They appear in the Debt Payoff Planner dropdown list as “CREDIT CARD” and “Credit Card” - but when I can’t select both because the formula in the Debt Payoff Planner thinks they are the same transaction - so it highlights the row as an error (red).

Also - There are some liabilities that I entered manually. They are listed in the Balances sheet (under Liabilities) but they do not show as a selectable account in the Debt Payoff Planner.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Can you try giving one of those accounts a nickname and let us know if that helps? Here’s how to rename an account and apply that new name to the data in your sheets: How to Rename an Account Connected to Tiller | Tiller Help Center

My credit cards are named “travel card” “gas card” and “venture card.” We’ve found not all templates are wired to look at Account ID/# so if there are accounts with the same names they’ll be ignored.

1 Like

I have tried renamed the accounts in the Tiller Console, and it does not work. In fact, all the other sheets retaining the previous account names and did not change after I renamed them in the Tiller Console.

Have you filled the sheet with new transactions and or new balances coming in after renaning in the console? This will pull in the new name for the associated accounts into your sheet. There is then the process to follow that you can rename any previous entries to match the new which @Morgan linked to the guide above.