Docs: Net Worth Tracker (Excel)

Not sure if anyone noticed this but the schedule pulls in day before the last day in the month consistently at least with my data. I figured this was due to the time included in the date so I changed the formulas in the hidden section to pull “BalanceHistory[Date]<(EOMONTH(AJ2,0)+1)” instead of “BalanceHistory[Date]<=EOMONTH(AJ2,0)”. This seems to have fixed the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this solution @joe.beaulieu !

Hello, I was wondering how one could modify this worksheet to display the contribution of each asset class to the total assets (instead of the actual value). This is probably trivial but my understanding of complex Excel formulas is near zero. At this stage I just created a copy of the Net worth tracker that points to the original worksheet and divides each asset by the total but this will break if I add a new account or change the time range. Thank you

What you’re asking for is certainly possible, @sombrero2003. There might be community members or paid consultants that can help you with this modification. In the interim, I think the way you created the content you need is clever and functional so long as you don’t change the number of accounts.

1 Like

Nice teamwork on this sheet and great comments and suggestions!

I see here you mentioned getting customized work done via a paid consultant. Can you point me where to go to do this? I would like to create an “Everything Else” section on the Monthly and Yearly Budget templates to show everything that wasn’t included in a budget. Thank you.

The value is there, @mu3484343. That’s just what Excel does when the column isn’t wide enough to show all the digits. Just widen the column.

1 Like

@randy - would love your help here. I’ve got 31 different accounts that are listed in the Accounts sheet.

On the Net Worth Sheet, only 27 of them show. Is there a limit to how many can be shown on this sheet? Nothing I change seems to get them all to show up at the same time. I want to be able to see the decrease in some of the liabilities (Student Loans) month over month, but can’t get them to show.

I’m surprised by that, @jrobertson427. I just peeked at the master and it looks like it uses spill ranges and should be able to handle a couple hundred accounts. Have you peeked over at the source data in the hidden area at right O:AR? There might be some clues there? Are the accounts marked as hidden?

@randy - none of the accounts are marked as hidden.

edit: figured it out.

I have a closed Chase account that is still being added to my spreadsheet. For whatever reason, that account breaks the net worth sheet. Once I removed it from the accounts sheet (and from the list of accounts I have added), everything shows up as expected

Glad to hear you were able to figure that out.

Unsure if I’m doing something wrong; however, I have two manual accounts (an asset and a liability) they are in the same Group. The Net Worth tracker shows the sum of both as the top line value for each Group.

Asset1 = $50.
Liability1 = $25.

In the “Liability” section of this workbook it shows

Group = $75
Liability1 = $25

and in the “Asset” section it shows the inverse:

Group = $75
Asset1 = $50

Oddly enough, the actual Totals for Asset and Liability correctly add up.

It seems that maybe the problem is that there is an Asset and a Liability in the same group? Perhaps this is an unusual categorization/setup that I have?

Yes. I believe there is a limitation in how the template creates group totals. (I agree that it SHOULD sum discretely for Assets and Liabilities.) In the interim, I’d recommend using different group names.