Net Worth Tracker Sheet Revised to Work With Groups

Tiller Labs has updated and improved the Net Worth sheet so it now works with Groups.

To get the new sheet, go to the Tiller Labs add-onView solutions. If you have a prior version of the sheet, select Manage Solutions, then select Net Worth and upgrade.

If you don’t already have the sheet and want to get it, select Add a Solution instead of Manage Solutions.

Very little, if any, set-up is required to use the sheet. By default, the sheet will work using Today as the End Date. It will show Net Work by Month, but other options are possible from the dropbox in H5.

The sheet provides a graphic as well as a tabular view of your Net Worth by Account.

There are 3 hidden options to further customize your sheet in the hidden section of the sheet. If you don’t want blank rows between Groups, you can set Use Blank Rows to No in V3. Instead of grouping by Groups, you can group by Type in V4. And you can decide to hide Groups (or Types) by setting Show Groups to No in V5.

Let us know your feedback and if there are any additional features you would like.

3 Likes

I just updated to the new version. I did not think it would be a big deal but I love it.

Question - Can the green row, row 5 in my tab, be reprogrammed easily to allow me to search for my net worth by day?

Thanks,

Blake

1 Like

Please explain end date. I do not understand.

Hi @Blake,
I’m glad to hear you love the new Net Worth sheet. I think its pretty cool and useful too.

When publishing this sheet, I thought of your earlier request for a Net Worth by selectable date. This sheet won’t be able to give you that answer with a quick modification. I think parts of these sheet could help make it happen, but there it would need some work.

If I was revising it, i would make the Date in E5 the date to generate account balance results in hidden table AH to AT. You would only need to generate one column, I assume, just for the selected date. Since not every account updates every day, the formula would have to get the most recent account balance on or before the date selected.

The date calculations were not changed from the earlier version of the sheet. And they are set to look for the Net Worth at the end of the month. So even if you change E5 to a new date within the month, it will use the end of month calculation. You can pick a different end month, but picking a day within the month won’t change the results.

Apart from writing the formula, does that help?

Fantastic, love it! The only change I make is to remove Proper from the account because it changes it from what I’ve configured on https://sheets.tillerhq.com, I’ve configured the Name in Account Summary exactly as I want them. Easy modifications. I love the groups! It’s amazing. Thank you

1 Like

Jon: Still not sure what end date means. It is too much over my head to go in and redesign the sheet to calculate net worth by day. I already have another sheet that calculates it by day but it is to buggy and is not consistent and reliable so that is why I am looking for another way to do it. Thanks, Blake

Understood. I’ve got some other project on deck, but I will try to get to Net Worth by Date. I’d probably build it with 2 date selectors, so you could see Net Worth changes. But it would also work with 1 date.

Thank you very much. I think others might like it too. Thanks, Blake

Hi @Blake and others in this thread,

There is now a NEW Net Worth Snapshot sheet available in the Tiller Labs Add-on that will let you get your Net Worth for any date. Also, you can compare any two dates.

More details coming about it soon, but you can get it now.

2 Likes

I just loaded it. Pretty sweet. I like custom and custom for the dates. Thanks for doing this. I think, and hope, other users like it too.

Thanks,

Blake

2 Likes

Here’s some more info about the new Net Worth Snapshot sheet that shows net work on a single day or compares two dates.

1 Like

This updates an existing sheet correct? so if i use the foundation sheet, this adds it to the bottom as a new sheet? Is there a way choose which accounts populate this particular sheet which differentiates which accounts populate the main transactions sheet? I am not currently updating my transactions with account balances but obviously it would be important to include account balances on the net worth sheet.

Hi @joek,
When you update a sheet using the Tiller Money Labs add-on, you select which sheet you want to update. In this case, you would select “Manage Solutions” on the Tiller Money Labs add-on home page, and then select Net Worth Tracker.

In this example, the only sheet that gets updated is the Net Worth Tracker. It doesn’t do touch your Transactions, Accounts or any other sheets.

During the update, you are also given the option to save an archived copy of the old Net Worth Tracker in addition to getting the new one.

When we refer to a “sheet”, it’s just one tab on the bottom, like Transactions or Categories sheets. All the sheets, that are part of the Foundation Template are consider one spreadsheet, with multiple sheets.

Does that clear it up?

Jon

Hi thanks - that helps. What still confused me is that in the “feed” it gives me the option to select which accounts i want to use to update the spreadsheet. It seems logical to only have transactional accounts like checking and credit card accounts updating the transactions sheet. That would mean i would have to deselect my accounts such as savings accounts, etc. But it looks like its only possible to have one setting for “feeds” per spreadsheet vs having different feeds going to different sheets.

I like the changes.
How do I delete the Ungrouped Liabilities?
They were in the previous NWT sheet.

This is the by week version.

hi @Russellreno,
Hi you want to “Hide” an individual account, you can open the Accounts sheet, select the Account you want to hide in Column A and then select “Hide” in Column D for that Account.

Since you have 2 Ungrouped Liability accounts, you could hide both and that should remove the Ungrouped Liability group and accounts.

If you don’t see the Accounts sheet, it might be hidden. If it’s hidden, you can find it my clicking the “Hamburger” icon (4 lines on top of each other) next to the plus button on the bottom of your sheet.

Does that work for you?

Jon

i do not think you want to delete. hide, maybe. why do you not want these anymore. they impact your net worth. B

I didn’t mention they these two accounts are duplicated in the report. This issue was carried forward from months ago.

ScreenShot_20200820105458

Same accounts, same amounts duplicated in the report