Introducing the new Tiller Console

Originally published at: Introducing The New Tiller Console - Tiller

We’re excited to release an updated version of the Tiller Console that offers many of the same features you’re used to, as well as some new features we think you’ll love, all on a more modern framework.

As we work toward our top goals of improving our bank data feeds and onboarding experience, there were some infrastructural changes and upgrades we needed to make to pave the way for those improvements. One of which was upgrading the technology running behind the Tiller Console.

You should find that the new Console is more responsive and mobile friendly.

How to access

You can access the new Tiller Console at https://my.tillerhq.com. The old URL will redirect to this new URL for a while, but we recommend bookmarking this new URL. 

Changes from the previous experience:

User profile menu

You’ll now find a few links under your user profile icon in the top right including Subscription, Settings, Help Center, and Log out.

You can find the daily email opt-in switch under the Settings area. Settings will also host other configuration items as we continue iterating and releasing features.

Subscription allows you to make changes to your payment information and access other billing details. The Help Center option takes you straight to the Tiller Help Center.

Compact Linked Sheets

We’ve cleaned up the UI a bit to reduce the space used by the Linked Sheets area. Clicking a sheet’s name expands the accordion for more information and options. You can create a new spreadsheet from this area now as well, rather than it having its own separate section.

Account Summary improvements

The Connected Account Summary has a couple improvements, the most exciting of which is probably the display of account balances for easier account balance viewing while on the go. Each institution will also display an indicator if an institution hasn’t refreshed recently. Yellow or red triangles if refreshes haven’t happened in more than 36 hours or a few days and green circles for recent refreshes in the last 36 hours. Lastly, the rename/nickname option has moved to the “Edit” menu for each account.

Since this new console is more mobile friendly, you can access it from your phone browser where you can refresh accounts and review balances on the go.

Better login experience

We also improved the login experience for the Tiller Console. Now rather than being redirected to our main website (tillerhq.com) if you’re logged out, you’ll just be prompted to log back in to the Tiller Console. That crosses off this feature request from a community member.

Quick community access

And while it’s a small one, we also crossed off two other feature requests by adding a link to the Tiller Community at the bottom of the Tiller Console.

Share your feedback

We hope you’ll enjoy the new Tiller Console as much as we enjoyed reviewing your feedback and working with our beta group to test and improve it. Feel free to chime in via the community (comments below) and/or add a feature request in the Tiller Community if you have ideas on how to improve the Tiller Console.

Keep in mind there are already a few feature requests for improvements that you can vote for here. Please be sure your request doesn’t already exist before adding it. Note that you must be signed in to the Tiller Community to access that page.

If you find a bug or run into an issue with the new Tiller Console, please use the chat tool in the lower right corner to let us know and we’ll reply soon to help.

4 Likes

Like the new Tiller console.

1 Like

Where is my “Net Worth” Summary spreadsheet on the new Tiller Console?

If you click on the linked spreadsheet at the top of the page, you get a dropdown and then click on open and you will be in your spreadsheet and you can go to your networth tab.

1 Like

@heather, the new console looks good!!

I love the feature added to display the last known balance of each Account.

But, it would be great, if we just mask the balances by default and have the values displayed upon selecting a toggle button.

Specially, when we explain someone else about Tiller, I don’t want to show them my actual balances.

I’ve added a topic in the Feature Request for the same.
Hope this is a simple enough feature to add!!

4 Likes

Love the new console! Is it possible to display loan/mortgage/credit card as negative balance?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with missing previous transactions and splits

Agree the new console works well. Also want to agree that balances don’t need to be on here, my POV - console is for making sure that all the data is moving as expected and there are no hold ups. Target spreadsheets are for seeing the data, console is more for monitoring and managing.
A feature to hide values on console would be great.

1 Like

We’ve got this feature request prioritized and hopefully we’ll be able to push the ability to toggle those balances on/off soon!

Love the new console, looks great!

I hope this foreshadows further improvements to the console, especially the cumbersome refresh experience.

1 Like

Happy to hear that you love the new console @jbkly!

It definitely feels faster, more responsive, and cleaner. Nice to see the balances at a glance too, for those want it. Great work.

2 Likes

The new console it great.

I do not know if it is related, but I’ve had problems connecting to one of my banks the last few month. I had given up, and did a manual import of transactions. With the new console, I tried another “refresh” ready to be disappointed…

But the bank connected once again! I used the balance feature in the new console to confirm that the data was correct. I can’t tell you how happy that made me!

Thanks for all you do…

1 Like

That is awesome to hear!! I can’t say that it was due to the new Console or the connection just having been fixed but :crossed_fingers: the new, more modern frameworks we’re using did have an impact on account connectivity.

Thanks for the console refresh.

I’m curious: is it possible to have a “Refresh All” for all the banks, cards, loans we’ve connected to Tiller?

I’m thinking of a way of pressing a single button rather than the refresh button for each feed.

Sorry, @arash.sayadi, but we don’t offer that functionality at this time.

@arash.sayadi thanks for your question. This is something that periodically we get asked about. It’s not a feature we’ll be able to offer at any point because it would violate the way Yodlee, our data provider, expects us to implement refreshes. It’s not supported on their side. Thanks for understanding.

We’ve just released the feature to hide balances! You can toggle those off in the Settings area of the Console by clicking your profile icon in the upper right of the Console.

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 3.25.23 PM

2 Likes

I noticed this morning when updating accounts there is a new pop-up screen which requires another click after selecting “refresh”. Is this permanent? I don’t see the point of the new pop-up since in the console one has already selected which accounts should be updated.

Can someone explain this change?

Have the same issue. Could not even refresh.

“Technical error
There was a problem connecting your account. Please try again later. If the issue persists for more than 6 days please reach out to us via chat at https://my.tillerhq.com