New: Improved Bank Feed Connection Experience

Originally published at: New: Improved Bank Feed Connection Experience - Tiller

Tiller is continuing to invest in making it easier for you to manage your daily finances with the flexibility and control of a spreadsheet.

Last week we introduced an improved user experience for securely connecting and refreshing your bank feeds.

When you visit the Tiller Console at my.tillerhq.com to refresh or edit your connected accounts, you interact with Fastlink. We’ve just launched an upgrade, and we’re excited to be among Yodlee’s first deployments of the next generation Fastlink experience.

The new experience is faster and smoother.

Tiller automatically refreshes most banks once a day. But we know some users prefer to manually refresh their accounts on demand. Clicking the refresh button now provides a faster update with clear messaging about the status of your connection.

The same is true if you’re connecting to a new bank.

We hope this new experience makes it even easier for you to keep a clear, confident view of your financial life.

As always, if you run into any issues connecting or refreshing any of your institutions, please contact Tiller’s support team via the chat tool in the lower right corner of the Tiller Console at my.tillerhq.com

Feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below.

2 Likes

How about a “Refresh All” button?

Every morning, I need to manually refresh every single bank.

1 Like

Hi @scottaubuchon89 - thanks for your suggestion. We will not be able to support a refresh all button. Refreshing all institutions in one go violates our data provider’s use policies. Thanks for your understanding.

Understood.

How about allowing me to set a time when EACH connection is refreshed?

i.e.

Bank 1: 3 AM
Bank 2: 3:30 AM
Bank 3: 3:45 AM

etc…

??

Hi @scottaubuchon89 manually refreshing is expected behavior for some institutions. Usually this is due to the bank’s required security settings or agreement with our data provider so there isn’t a way to automatically refresh those accounts or set a time for the automatic refreshes.

Some reasons your institution(s) might require manual refreshes:

• Your bank is enforcing multi-factor (MFA) or two-factor (2FA) authentication
  • Auto refresh has been disabled for the institution by the bank or our data provider. This setting can change over time based on factors like the bank’s security requirements or refresh health of the institution, but is not something we can change. If it has recently been disabled there is a good chance it will get re-enabled in the future.

Was hoping new interface would now work with Apple Card. Added it July 18 and although it does get an account balance, no transactions are download. Any word when this download might work?

My experience with the bank feed improvements has been great. Automatic updates of institutions are much faster and less problematic than before. There was a real “problem child” institution that used to require manual intervention nearly every time I wanted to update it and it now it works fine. When I check my balances tab on the foundation template, nearly every account shows that it was updated today, whereas before there were frequent 1 or 2 day lags. Very happy with the change.

1 Like

I am having problems downloading transactions from my AMEX credit card and savings accounts. When doing a manual refresh, it does show me the current balances of each account, but when I click Save, the transaction refresh errors out. The last successful refresh occurred on Sept. 13th and 20th.

I’d recommend reaching out to our support team via the chat window in the lower right corner of the Console at https://my.tillerhq.com/

A post was split to a new topic: Send daily email to another email address?