Manual Entry in Balance History is Not Refreshing in Net Worth Tab

Having some issues with a manual entry not refreshing in the New Worth tab. It is isolated to one account. I tried Repairing Balance History Sheets. Manual entry still not refreshing in Net Worth tab. Hard to pin this error down…

Thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

Can you clarify, @hall.thomas.e:

• You are using the Tiller Money Labs Net Worth template
  • The manual balance change is not reflected in the Net Worth data for that account
  • There is name of the manual account is unique in the Balance History sheet
  • The manual balance entry in the Balance History sheet has a populated field for the Account ID column
  • You inserted the manual balance using the Tiller Money Labs add-on
  • The balance for the manual account updated properly in the Balances sheet

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your help!

· You are using the Tiller Money Labs Net Worth template - Yes

· The manual balance change is not reflected in the Net Worth data for that account - Correct

· There is name of the manual account is unique in the Balance History sheet - Yes

· The manual balance entry in the Balance History sheet has a populated field for the Account ID column - Correct

· You inserted the manual balance using the Tiller Money Labs add-on – No, I’ve been adding the data manually into the Balance History Sheet.

• Randy, this was an account that I had initially linked in the Tiller Account Summary. Initially the sync to this institution worked fine, but back in March, I lost the ability to sync to Thrivent Financial Institution. The Tiller technicians tried to connect Thrivent, but never could . I was told I could add manual data into the Balance History tab.

· The balance for the manual account updated properly in the Balances sheet – No, there are 3 individual accounts within my Thrivent portfolio. Two of the accounts show up in the Balances sheet updated and Current! The third account (problem child) shows it has not been updated for 45 days??? This is the same account that will not update in the Net Worth tab.

Randy, thanks for your time and help!!! Let me know if you need additional data inputs.

Hi Randy,

Here is a screen shot from the Balances sheet:

image003.png

You absolutely can manually add balance entries to the Balance History sheet. The trouble is that there are certain clues that the Balances and Net Worth templates use to properly render the data on our templates that may not be properly populated when added manually.

Normally the add manual balance workflows in Tiller Money Feeds are really easy to use and integrate.

The challenge is that this workflow filters on manual accounts, a status which is indicated by the prefix on the Account ID. Since your Thrivent accounts started as non-manual/feeds accounts, they won’t show up in the Manual Account balance tooling.

Probably the best solution is to swap its Account ID for all past entries with a manual account ID. Would you be willing to go this route? If yes, I can provide some steps.

Randy

Sure Randy, I am willing to try anything to get back on track.

Thanks for you help and time!!!

Here is what I would try, @hall.thomas.e.

1. Go to the Balance History sheet
  2. Copy the Account ID of the Thrivent account that is not updating via Tiller Money Feeds and via your manual balance entries
  3. Perform a find and replace for the entire spreadsheet of the copied Account ID with this manual:327c3c7f-a55e-4304-945a-cb77a0aeed92
  4. Create a manual account balance entry using the Tiller Money Feeds sidebar (the account should now be listed)
  5. Check if the update is present in your Balances and Net Worth dashboards

If this works, rinse and repeat with the other Thrivent accounts you can no longer connect to. Be sure to change the manual account id to a different random number (e.g. change the 2 at the end to a 3) or else the accounts will not be differentiated.

Let me know how it goes.
Randy

P.S. You might consider creating a named version of the spreadsheet prior to making this change so you can restore quickly if it doesn’t work.

Hi Randy,

That worked! Net Worth Chart is back in order and now have a formal manual entry for Thrivent & Mr Cooper!

Many Thanks!

Tom Hall

1 Like

I’m glad to hear we figured it out, @hall.thomas.e.