New: Split transactions using Tiller Money Feeds for Google Sheets

Are you talking about just in the sidebar UI they show as absolute values? Or something else

It’s a nit, but yes the sidebar popout. Here’s an example:

Transaction for an expense (it’s negative of course):

Then when we go split it in the sidebar, the negative sign goes away so now we are splitting a positive number:

Once you do it you know, but it’s another step of mental gymnastics to spread a positive number that is actually a negative transaction. What if it were the other way? Splitting income. I use Tiller to gain simplicity and make my financial workflow easier. This is a small thing I think could be improved upon! Thanks!

1 Like

We though the always-positive approach would be most intuitive for the bulk of users, but I do see your point, @muffinDad.

@muffinDad I completely agree. I have paused a few times as I thought I messed something up. In my opinion, the number should stay the same sign it is in the transaction sheet. Or give a setting that allows it to be changed

Thanks for your feedback here. I understand what you’re saying now.

It’s really an absolute value rather than being positive or negative, which is a convention we use in other places.

The clue that it’s a negative amount is that is says “outflow” in the summary info at the top of the split sidebar :slight_smile: