Tracking investment account holdings

New user here. Can this tool be used for tracking investment account holdings? For example, I was able to connect and pull Vanguard account balances, but am not seeing a way to view the account holdings. I’m interested in doing fairly simple stuff like tracking asset allocation percentages across multiple investment accounts. Many thanks for any pointers.

2 Likes

@cjasik

If you want to link your accounts and utilize automation, I would recommend both Personal Capital and Fidelity’s portfolio analysis tools. If interested, I will offer you a personal viewing of each to see if one or both of these might work for you.

Cheers,

B

@cjasik. We don’t support position history/holdings for investments at this time, but it is something we hope to support in the future. Not sure on a timeline on when it might be available.

You can add your support for this by voting for this feature in Feature Request.

1 Like

I’m interested in this feature as well.
I currently use personal capital but I just got married. So I’d like to consolidate all finance details on a single google sheet.

But without specific templates available for investments, by asset type (eg. real estate, equities, debt, etc) Tiller may not show the complete picture I’m looking for. Is there an update on the timeline? Or potentially a Tiller Labs template that I missed?

4 Likes

I wonder how difficult it would be to create.

We can use transaction/balance details to create weekly/monthly balance view. We can see which accounts are growing, and by how much. We can categorize accounts.

I bet this is all do-able with some formulas in a Google Sheet.

@imthenachoman you could definitely track it manually but the holdings feature will be :100: for this when it’s available… eventually.

All that said there is a Community Portfolio Tracker you could experiment with and extend if you wanted:

Thanks. I will check those out. Right now I am using personalcapital.com for investments/401ks/etc. and Tiller for budgeting day-to-day expenses. I like using Tiller for budgeting because it’s something I need to see and interact with daily. But for investing, it’s more just keeping an eye on to make sure things are going as they should.

Excited to see what the holding feature brings when it’s available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @heather. Any update on the holdings sheet? I’ve been waiting literally years for the beta to be completed. It’s my understanding that you already showed holdings on a previous template. Why can’t this be brought back? I don’t have any need to see transactions, just the holdings.