Ally Bank not syncing

I don’t have a Tiller account, but I use usaa to sync my accounts - one of which is Ally. Ally stopped working a month or two ago and I’m just now researching this issue. I appreciate the detailed support Tiller support has provided. The spreadsheet that lists outages is awesome.

This is comical since Ally also allows their users to aggregate accounts!

Anyway, I setup a cap1 accounts and I’m moving my emergency fund there. Goodbye Ally!

It looks like Ally was removed from the outage list and just had one customer report they were able to add it. Can you folks please confirm if it’s working for you now?

@Richard, @anilparikh1, @tommyjed, @clozach ?

Thanks!

Heather

Hello @heather I still get an error on Yodlee, trying to update the login through sheets.tiller, also no luck through the tiller money feeds update.

Error: We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

That figures… after I spent last night and this morning setting up my new accounts and they fix the issue… at least with USAA. I verified moments ago. Pulled in both Ally accounts without issue. Again, I do not have a Tiller account only USAA… joined this since USAA does not have an ongoing discussion!

I’m a new Tiller user and have been waiting for Ally syncing to work so that I can add my accounts. I can confirm that I was just able to successfully add and sync my Ally accounts!

Hi Heather

Just tried. Same error message as before. See attachment. I will be interested to know whether others are able to access or have the same problem as me.

Anil

@heather I was just able to successfully add Ally bank to Tiller. Additionally, I use Personal Capital which also uses Yodlee on the back end. It is working now too. Both requested a new 2 factor auth, but they worked. Thanks for the great comms around this issue.

Ally is syncing for me now, thanks Heather.

Ally still isn’t working for me. Should I try again tomorrow?

Still not working for me either. I get an error message when I try to update my log in.

I get the same error as @anilparikh1 and others of “Error : We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.”

I asked Ally in chat and they said they believe it is fixed and their first suggestion was to unlink the Ally account, change Ally password, and then relink Ally with the new password.

@heather, if we unlink and relink Ally, will it mess with any history or is that a relatively safe operation to try?

Also, if it helps with Tiller’s contacts at Yodlee, I did load it up in the developer console in Chrome and saw this error message on the backend from a call to Yodlee when I submit my Ally credentials: {errorCode: “Y825”, errorMessage: “Update not allowed”, referenceCode: “q1582035987290T9i12f”} from https://usyirestmasternode.yodleeinteractive.com/services/YSLService/makeCall/?

That is what I thought about trying on my own but was worried it would mess up the account history and/or look like a second set of accounts at ally.

@heather please let us know if it is safe to go this route or if there is a better suggestion?

Thanks

I was able to get Ally to work just now. I went to the Tiller Console, hit the edit button by Ally, added my Ally Un/Pass, then tiller popped up with the Ally second auth box, I sent the second auth to my email, not my phone (the phone option didn’t seem to work), the Ally email came to the Junk/Spam section, I entered the code into Tiller, and it pulled all the Ally data. Then I closed my browser and re loaded my tiller/google sheet and all my transactions where there. Ally is also syncing with my personal capital account. Hope that helps!

Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me. I still get the error we are experiencing technical difficulties.

Just to add to the list. I am still getting the “technical difficulties” note.

I will note that my password was accepted by Personal Capital and proceeded to the request for a 2FA code.

Same here. Still experiencing “technical difficulties” after entering log/pass. Transactions are not flowing through.

I put the 2FA in and Im syncing again. Thank you everyone for getting this working again, it made a difference.

Glad to hear it’s working for some. Sadly, I’m also getting the “technical difficulties” error, even after logging into ally.com & changing my password. Not sure what to try next.

(Not getting a 2FA popup. Perhaps that’s related?)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was getting that error too. I simply removed all of my Ally Accounts from the Tiller Console and re-added it. Worked like a charm. I had to hide the “new” accounts in my Accounts tab, but otherwise everything matched up and works correctly. Maybe @heather has a better workaround though.

For those getting technical difficulties error are you waiting for all your other accounts to finish refreshing on the Tiller Console before trying to reconnect to Ally or are you trying to re-enter credentials and get it to refresh as soon as you see the “refresh” link for Ally or via the gear icon > update login/fix account error?

Please try waiting for all accounts to finish refreshing before trying to re-connect Ally.

@CHILL @Exo3 @rmwhite @joshmccormackpt @andrewteg @anilparikh1 @Melissa

I’m thinking this “tech error” thing could be an issue on our side with the reauth for Ally bumping in to the accounts refreshing process that’s also going on in the background.

Heather