Known Data Feed Issues & Workarounds

:wave:

READ FIRST

BEFORE posting a new topic in this category please review the below known issues list.

We update this topic frequently with know issues, behaviors, or workarounds we hear about via our chat and email support channels. Sometimes these are reported by customers other times we gain these insights by working directly with our data provider on an individual customer’s issue and believe they apply more broadly to many customers

General Issues/Limitations

The below are some limitations and important things to understand about Tiller Money’s financial data feeds.

• We use a data provider to pull data from your banks. It’s a different provider than the one that Mint, Quicken, and Quickbooks use. The integration with this provider is unique to our product so the experience will be different than that of other tools that might also use the same provider.
  • If any of your accounts require two factor authentication or the automatic refresh capability has been disabled for your accounts you will need to refresh your accounts on the Tiller Console under Account Summary to make your data available. Read more on our help center here.
  • Insurance, utilities, and rewards account types are unsupported by our feeds at this time.
  • Credit card due dates and statement balances are unsupported by our feeds at this time.
    *Loans: As of September 2020 - Our data provider can pull the principal balance only.

Global Institution Outages

Sometimes our data provider has a global outage with a specific institution that affects many or all customers that have accounts at that financial institution.

Check the Institution Outage Dashboard to see whether your issue is related to a global outage between our data provider and your specific institution.

Please be aware that Insitutiton Outage ETAs can get pushed, sometimes one day at a time, several times, for weeks (or in some cases months).

Generally if the start date is several months old we believe the support for the institution will be discontinued.

This is an automated sheet powered by global outage alert emails from our data provider that we periodically manually clean up if the data gets too stale (sometimes their alert system fails to send an email when something is resolved and the ETA has passed).

Read more about the Outage Dashboard on our help center.

Daily High Refresh Failure Trends

We include this daily high refresh failure trends screenshot from Yodlee’s customer care portal. The bar on the left is Tiller Money and the right is the overall Yodlee network. Sites that are included on this list are likely to have issues with refreshes and may present technical or unexpected errors when you try to refresh them via the Account Summary.

We do not submit service requests associated with institutions that have a high refresh failure rate and consider these to be known issues and will resolve on their own after some time. Often if a site has a high refresh failure rate it moves to an outage state. We post a screenshot once per day.

Specific Institution Issues/Changes

Ally Bank

After the 2/20 outage, customers will be prompted for MFA as part of the refresh process as an additional step. This step may need to be performed each day to keep data flowing.

American Express

Loan account types are not supported.

Betterment

Some Betterment customers have to turn on 2FA (with Authy App) to connect or refresh

Capital One

Two factor authentication requirements

Capital One requires customers to turn on two factor authentication. This requirement means you need to re-authenticate Capital One accounts on the Tiller Console any time you want to see recent data for these accounts.

Chase

As of Oct 5, 2020 Chase will be enforcing multi-factor authentication in order for refreshes and updates to continue successfully. This may mean you will need to manually refresh and enter additional security answers or codes each time you want to see fresh data in Tiller Money. This is not unique to Tiller Money as they are requiring this for all 3rd party data providers. Read more here.

Citi

As of Oct 20, 2020 Citi customers will need to upgrade their connections to use the new open banking authentication method in order to continue to receive Citi data after November 17, 2020.

Visit the Console at https://sheets.tillerhq.com/auth/google and click “Connection > edit credentials” next to any Citi logins you have connected under the Account Summary and follow the prompts to upgrade your Citi connections.

This upgrade applies to the following sites:

Citibank
Citibank (online.citibank.com)
Costco Wholesale Credit Cards
AT&T Universal Card
Exxon Mobile Master Card
Citi Premier Pass Card
Hilton Honors Citi Card
Citibank Drivers Edge
Citi Credit Cards

Read more about this here.

Citi Mortgage (Cenlar)

New Login URL is: https://www2.loanadministration.com/cenlarfsb/#/ it was previously https://www.loanadministration.com/cenlarfsb/ - customers need to aggregate under Citi Mortgage (Cenlar) search result not Cenlar Loan Login

Ellevest

Customers experiencing a data unavailable error should remove any unfunded or unused investment “folders” from their Ellevest dashboard as they seem to disrupt the data feed

e*Trade

Stock plans need to be aggregated under ETRADE - Employee Stock Plans - not under ETRADE.

Fidelity

Fidelity is blocking refreshes during 5-8am PST and 12pm– 2pm PST due to market volatility. Try refreshing the account from the Account Summary outside these hours.

Charitable type accounts need to be aggregated under Fidelity Charitable http://www.charitablegift.org/. These accounts might show up under regular Fidelity Investments option, but will likely be missing balance and transaction information

Interactive Brokers

Interactive Brokers now requires customer to generate a token ID as part of the account connection process. Customers may be able to generate a token and query ID that can be used to connect to Yodlee from the Client Portal by going to Settings > Account Settings > Third-party Services > select Mint > Save. We don’t yet have evidence from Tiller Money customers that this will work so please share your experience in a comment below if you’re successful with these steps.

M1 Finance

Previously was supported, but some issues currently. Some customers report receiving balances but not transactions.

MBNA Canada

Customers cannot add accounts. Get a “We’re experiencing technical difficulties”

Minnesota 529

Requires granting aggregator access, message reads: Need to get access for your third-party aggregator? Log in to your 529 account, select “Profile & Documents,” then “Password & Security Features,” then “Manage Financial Aggregator Access.”

Optum

No longer supported due to their use of Google Captcha requirement in login process.

PayPal

Some customers are experiencing an issue where they’re unable to refresh their PayPal accounts on the Console under Account Summary. The fix for this is to click “Add accounts” and add the account as if you’re adding it again for the first time and this should restore the connection. DO NOT delete the PayPal account first, this will result in duplicates.

PNC

Now requiring customers turn on 2FA.

President’s Choice

President’s Choice is currently blocking our data provider’s IPs (May 2020). Update: customer contacted bank and they are only approving on case by case basis and need customers to contact bank to request. Currently only Intuit is approved.

Questrade

Has a year end message asking customers to update profile, and this is blocking our data provider from reaching account page. Visit Questrade website to update profile.

RBC Royal

Sometimes the descriptions for these transactions come in generic as “interac purchase” this is a known issue that we have not been able to address. Also, some customers are getting duplicates related to pending status (with description as “Interac purchase”).

In the past we have not had any success in resolving either of these issues when contacting our data provider.

Southern Bank

You need to be enrolled in Online Banking at website in order to add account (not just mobile banking)

Tangerine

Some, but not all, customers experience large “batch” duplicates after statements are released.

USAA

Sept 2020 - many customers are reporting issues with USAA connections. We’re working closely with our data provider on this issue, but are considering it an outage at this point and have manually added it to the outage sheet.

USAA (investment accounts only)

USAA investment accounts are migrating to Charles Schwab in May 2020. In the Add Accounts flow, you will need to add the account (as if it were a brand new account) using the “Charles Schwab – Investments” search result. If you have already added “Charles Schwab – Investments” (perhaps because you have other Schwab accounts), we expect no action will be required. Migrated “USAA – Investments” accounts should begin appearing under “Charles Schwab – Investments” after May 26th, 2020.

Additionally, new Charles Schwab customers may need to grant Tiller Money access as a third party user. Please log in to Schwab.com and visit your Security Center, where you can click “Enable Third-Party Site Access.”

Vanguard

Vanguard is blocking our data provider access between 6AM PT and 1PM PT. If you’re trying to refresh or connect during that time window, please try again later.

April 2020

Customers may need to follow directions to allow unrecognized devices on bank site

Individual 529 College Savings Account will only show balances, no transactions.

Wealthfront

As of June 20, 2020, our data provider reports they do support 2FA security for these accounts. If you have 2FA turned on, we believe you will now be able to add these accounts to Tiller successfully.

Wealthsimple

Believe 2FA is not supported.

Wealthsimple WASI

Canadian based Wealthsimple is now BETA and customers trying to add will fail with a technical error.

Wells Fargo

2FA authentication (OTP) is required only during aggregation (add-account) and not for all regular refreshes. Customers will get a “the site needs you to do something” error if they do not have it set up with Wells Fargo

National Bank of Canada feeds have not worked for months - could you add them to your list?

Thanks for the information @gillian. The connection to National Bank of Canada is still in beta with our data provider. That means you may experience some connection issues, or are unable to get it connected at all, until it’s fully supported. We don’t have insight into when it will be fully supported
Hopefully the connection to this institution improves sooner than later! Thanks again.

1 Like

Thank @gillian and @warren. I’m a newbie here and experiencing the same issues with Canadian (Motus Bank and Stack). From reading around, it appears that connection issues with these two are a result of increased security features. Given the drive for more security rather than less, it seems that the service provider should have a workaround by now. Any chance of Tiller, as the client of the service provider, pressing for a resolution? It seems that this would be a benefit to all parties, including your clients. :slight_smile:

Hello,
Tiller is not allowing a connection to Discover Bank Student Loans. It is throwing a technical error when adding the account. My guess is that Discover is trying to prompt a security authentication question which is not being shown to the Tiller user so then it eventually times out.

Discover Bank savings accounts are encountering similar behavior. Balances update with manual refreshes, but transactions are not pulled over.

Thanks for the update on Discover Bank here. We’re seeing other customers experiencing issues as well. We’re submitting a service request with our data provider. Please reach out via Chat to have us triage your specific account issues.

1 Like

Hi @heather , just to add to the Discover problems:
Historically, my Discover card and Discover Bank would automatically refresh without a problem. Now, I can manually refresh the credit card to get updates. However, the Discover Bank gets the same technical error as mentioned by @baldwinmbb. When I try to do a manual refresh, it will ask for username & password, then returns a request to for UserID or Phone Number that was used to register. After entering the confirmation, the technical error comes up.
Discover Error

I have spoken with Discover a couple of times, and they say they cannot see any reason why the technical error is occurring - since I am entering all the right info. They suggested I reach out to you.

And so you know, when I go to Discover’s web page, I use one login to access both accounts. After entering my username/password, I get the choice of which account I would like to review.

Also, if we cannot get this error to resolve, how can I convert the feed to a manual update so that I can continue to track the Discover Bank account. I have not been able to update for 6 months

Thanks so much.

It looks like Discover Bank transactions are being pulled normally as of this morning. Today’s refresh pulled down about 3 weeks’ worth of missing transactions. Thanks for bringing this to your data provider’s attention and getting it resolved!

Hey @heather - I use Partners Federal Credit Union and I noticed sometime the beginning of this month, the transaction tab is no longer getting an updated data feed from my bank.

I see that Partners Federal Credit Union is depicted in the graph under the Daily High Refresh Failure Trends. How can I resolve this?

Hi @eestrada234 - there isn’t a way to resolve it at this time.

We post the high failures screenshot about once a day to give an indication of institutions that are failing to refresh, but these generally A) resolve on their own after some time B) end up on the Outage list.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

@warren Any updates with USAA? Still getting an error after the “Gathering Information” is timing out. Your spreadsheet has an ETA of 9/13/20. Also, the workaround you all prescribed doesn’t workaround.

1 Like

@heather I’m having the same issue with USAA. Would love to get this resolved :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue. I just noticed on the login page for USAA, they have indicated a new Login in October 2020. No information is provided in addition to that.

We do not have an update on the USAA issue but it is on our Outage list currently due to the high volume of failures.

USAA now works, for me. Yesterday was day 6 and was not working, so I enabled the Cyber Token feature. The Cybertoken feature which sends me numbers via text or email. Now, I did this yesterday and today upon using this feature within the TillerHQ site it worked. Not sure if USAA is now working or if it’s because I used their lame 2FA feature. I hope it works for you guys.

1 Like

We are now seeing good success rates for our customers with USAA. Our data provider did confirm that the cybertoken feature was not the cause or solution to this particular issue, which was site based. @bennems success was likely just a coincidence.

And yes, USAA has announced upcoming changes to their login procedures for mid October, so we will be monitoring this with our data provider.

1 Like

FWIW, I’m still unable to retrieve information from USAA for about a month now - I try refreshing every day. It asks for an email address to send a code, I enter the code and it tries to refresh for about a minute before reverting to the option to ‘Refresh’

:wave:, @billimek. Thanks for the update. Do you mind reaching out directly via chat to us if you haven’t already so we can escalate your issue to our data provider? We’ve made some good progress on reducing the issues, but there are some lingering and generally are due to customer site layout variations. Thanks!